- Baby Oil
- Watercolor Paint
- 9×13 baking pan
- Put just enough water in the pan to cover the bottom.
- Put about 1/2 tablespoon oil and 1 teaspoon food coloring into a glass.
- The two ingredients will not be mixed.
- Beat it hard with a fork until well blended. It is like mixing an oil and vinegar salad dressing and will take a few minutes.
- Using the dropper, place drops of colors on top of the water. The drops will stay in a blob, or perhaps explode a bit. You can place one color inside another. Experiment.
- When you have dots of color all over the surface of your water, use a toothpick, or a fork, or a feather (whatever you want to try) to make patterns in the colors. They’ll make blobs and swirls and pretty patterns.
- When you are happy with the design, gently place your paper on top of the water. Wait until the oil started to show through the back of the paper and then peeled it gently off.